Deadline: 28th February 2018 The Forest TrustTFT (The Forest Trust) is an international fast growing non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
TFT is seeking an experienced and motivated professional to become our
Latin America Social Specialist
Based in Quito, Ecuador or Lima, Peru
(depending on residency of selected candidate)
The successful candidate is keen to secure a career within a dynamic non-profit that builds partnerships with companies to drive responsible practices across international supply chains. He/she will have passion for environmental and social issues, be a critical thinker, pragmatic problem solver, a collaborative team player, a self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
About The Forest Trust (TFT)
TFT currently has offices in 16 countries including SE Asia, India, China and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ more than 260 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing guidance on the creation and implementation of responsible sourcing and management policies based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier/Companies-Government/etc.), we encourage our partners to look inside to define and live out their own vision for responsible management, and in this way are coaches and partners, not auditors or service-providers. In addition to traceability and assessments, we work hand in hand with our partners to create and innovate solutions to the environmental and social challenges that companies and communities face.
What We Offer:
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly contributing to the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- A multi-national environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team with diverse skillsets and backgrounds.
- The opportunity to work with large companies as well as smallholder farmers on the complex problems they face with regard to environmental and social performance, as well as benefit sharing and social equity.
- Exposure to different tasks and opportunities to learn new skills.
Responsibilities and Scope
Work with companies and smallholder farmers across Latin America to improve social performance, including (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Engage community, civil society and company stakeholders to understand different perspectives on specific conflicts between communities and companies.
- Develop in a participatory way, conflict resolution processes for community-company conflicts.
- Develop and deliver training to company staff, community participants and civil society representatives on conflict resolution approaches and skills.
- Develop and deliver TFT staff training on conflict resolution approaches and skills.
- Provide training, advice and tools to companies on how to evaluate the social impacts of their operations and develop stakeholder relations management systems that aligns their management and staff to improve the outcomes of relationships for both community members and the company.
- Participate in field visits to companies and conduct interviews with employees and community members to evaluate the companies’ social performance and opportunities for improvement. Create reports on findings.
- Support activities to respect customary land rights, such as the implementation of Free, Pr
Realizar actividades de: - Difusión - Matrícula - Gestión Académica - Inserción Laboral - Actividades Académicas - Otras que designe su jefe inmediato superior...
Desde Fundacion Desarrollo Integral De Nuevo Pachacutec - Callao
Publicado hace un mes
- Llevar la custodia y el registro de los documentos que respaldan los registros contables de la organización. - Participar activamente en el proceso contable...
Desde Empresa De Servicios Múltiples Santa Catalina Eirl - Junín
Publicado hace un mes
Necesitamos un Cajero para el área de Finanzas con 3 años de experiencia en posiciones similares, con alto nivel de organización y sentido de urgencia. Ciudad...
Desde Hotel Doubletree El Pardo By Hilton - Lima
Publicado hace un mes